Hello! Long time no speak. How's it going?
I cannot believe it is September already, August seemed to fly by in a whirlwind of sunshine, festivals, exercise, beaches, friends, experiences and fun. I LOVED it! I also decided to take a month off social media and I can wholeheartedly tell you that it is something I think everyone should try.
What did I notice?
- I had more time
- I was less distracted and more engaged
- I lived in the moment far more and felt much freer in doing so
- I had more energy and felt more excitement about the day ahead
- I had better connections with the people I was with
I was happier
I know some people simply cannot leave social media altogether for various reasons, however, I think it is valuable to have proper boundaries and systems in place to ensure you are in control of your usage rather than finding you're on auto-pilot and before you know it you've spent another 30 mins scrolling.
Top tips for managing social media usage
- Have a cut off. Be strict with this. Set time aside in the morning that you are not to access your socials and again in the evening, have a switch off time.
- Pre plan. To help you know what to post and avoid stress of feeling like you should post something but you dont know what, try setting aside 30-60 mins once a week to plan what you are going to post on which day and stick to it.
- Remove socials from your phone, only access them via your laptop. You'll suddenly remember how fun it is to people watch, strike up small conversations with strangers and notice what's going on around you again in real life.
I highly recommend giving it a go. Even if it is cutting your usage down by 10 mins a day, you will begin to see the positive impact.
Find your tribe
Finding a like-minded tribe is so useful when making lifestyle changes. I understand how difficult it can be to implement new habits or discard old ones at the best of times, let alone when you are going at it alone! It is much easier though if you can connect with a group of people who are on a similar journey to you, who share your values and support you in your goals. So, if you would like to make lifestyle changes and want a supportive community of people to help you along the way, do check out The Happy Health Club. Founded by Suzanne Shaw, who was inspired to help others after she made huge lifestyle changes and felt the benefits herself, this online community is growing from strength to strength. We have huge plans for The Happy Health Club and our dream is to help as many people as possible. So if you want to join the community simply click the link below and you will receive all the info you need.