Ever find yourself craving a sweet snack? Do you find yourself wandering around the kitchen, rummaging in the cupboards hoping that you'll discover some delicious snack that isn't going to totally destroy your good eating regime? Or is it just me?
Well, I have done that many a time and I always go back to making these quick, easy and delicious little balls of happiness.
So I'm sharing them with you in case you ever find yourself in that kitchen-wandering, cupboard-searching daze.
Enjoy! (Oh and of course, they are vegan too!)
1 x cup of dates, without stones
1 x rind of an orange
Juice of half an orange
1 x tbsp. cocoa powder
3/4 cup pistachio nuts chopped (optional)
drop of vanilla essence
1. Soak dates in warm water for a couple of minutes until they are soft, then drain
2. Put dates, orange juice, orange rind, cocoa powder, salt and vanilla essence into blender and blend until smooth and sticky
3. Take little amounts and roll them into balls (yes, your hands will get covered! *wet your hands first though and they wont get as sticky and messy*)
4. Roll balls in chopped nuts until they are completely covered
5. Keep refrigerated and enjoy!
Easy peasy and yummy.
You can play around with quantities to make them more chocolatey, more orangey, include nuts in the mix, add protein powder, include oats into the mix.
Have fun and let me know how you get on.