Well these are strange times we are in at the moment aren't they?
There are so many uncertainties facing us and, for many, that is very unsettling indeed.
I am extremely lucky that I have my health, my family and my friends and my heart goes out to every single person who doesn't have these things.
I am in a blessed position because of this and therefore I cant help but find this time to be incredibly special. I am enjoying the pause this has forced many of us to have. It has pushed us back to basics and put many aspects of life into perspective and made me so grateful to those who are working their butts off to keep "normality" going and ensuring we remain cared for and safe.
Here are a few things that I have discovered during this time...
* I am now a primary school teacher for two, despite having no training
* Simple doesn't mean boring
* Take each day as it comes
* Meal planning has come into it's own
* It is more fun using day light as a guide rather than a clock
* Days of the week, who needs em?
* My children have incredible imaginations
* Motivation is very allusive
* Community is a wonderful thing
* Blossom trees are just beautiful (and looks like a bouncy-marshmallow-cloud-park for fairies)
* I love exercising, like really love it, like I am super grumpy if I don't do it
* I am extremely lucky and grateful to have a garden
* Every generation in my family is now very proficient with facetime
* I have never been in so many Whatsapp groups
* Creativity is the best
* There will be slip ups and that is ok
* I love recording workout videos
* The Arts are vital
* Not being able to get to the shop at the drop of a hat is good for the waistline
* Children understand the 2m rule better than adults
* It's alright to just sit and be
* We have more talents and capabilities than we realized a few weeks ago
* The NHS is incredible
* Progress not perfection
So there you have it. This period really has been a huge journey of discovery and I'm certain there is more to find out. I'd love to hear your discoveries over this time.